Thursday, March 23, 2017

All dressed with places to go.

Eleanor asked me to drag out the costume trunk a while back, I like to put it away periodically when it seems like they're getting bored of it.


It took them so long to come around to the idea of wigs! I almost got rid of them all, but now they are all wigs, always.


These pictures are all taken from the same chair, in the corner by the window, because that's what I'm doing while they're dressing up. I am SITTING. Eleanor can put on all her own costumes, she can help Geneva with hers, they can do each other's velcro.


Geneva you are the saddest Zebra Bride I've ever seen.


We went to a Disney Princess Singalong at Decades Coffee shop last month, and I have BEEN to Decades, I know it is small, and also I am on facebook, I can see that 400+ people are 'interested' in the event. But we were trying to recapture something of our Saskatoon glory days, where princess appeared suddenly on the road when you were just trying to get to the splash park. Wear any old thing you can find in the trunk, I said.


We got there early, but the line-up was out the door. They were selling princess cake, princess lemonade, princess hot chocolate. We got a cookie shaped like a crown, and waited. Eleanor turned to me, remarking that we didn't have any 'exactly like' princess dresses. No we don't, I said. You had to put something together out of the bits you had, like Cinderella's mice.


Then the princesses arrived! The children swarmed! The mothers snapped at each other! 'Excuse me, I am trying to take a picture of my daughter with Ariel.' Ok! Lady, it's fine, they are gonna be here for like two hours.


I don't know if you can see Geneva in that picture, gazing lovingly up at Ariel. Or in this one, having squirmed away from me to go gaze lovingly at Cinderella. That child cut in SO many lines, due to smallness, but all she ever wanted was a hug.


Or in this one, gazing lovingly at Tiana. All the princesses were in their Beginning Of The Movie drudge clothes, so that sometimes I was like...I think that's Belle?


The lighting was terrible everywhere except in the Elsa and Anna room, where it was also ten degrees colder ('because of Elsa's powers').


Every princess complimented Eleanor on her fine blue hair, on her cat mask, on her whatever that weirdo dress is. Those princesses are so danged great. By the time we left, I don't think she cared that she didn't have a Disneydress, she was so high on her life.


And then tonight we had the cousins over while the trunk was still out, for the first time since they visited us in Saskatoon (you may recall)


It went splendidly.


6 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, look, you're back AGAIN! Lovely lovely lovely.

Pam said...

I have no conception of a Disney princess singalong, by the way. But I'm sure it was fun.

blackbird said...

Geez, princesses have to have their hands positioned just SO.

blackbird said...

Also, I need a picture of your mom sometime soon as I am crushing on her.

Glenna said...

Yes, please. Your mom. I have to see what she's wearing. I love her style. And yours too, but she's a contemporary.

Kamsarmer said...

I think that the best princess is the one with the grrrlz out in the sidewalk...just sayin'!