Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Ladies' Day (and a bit)

I had a Ladies' Day! It was basically flawless. Those of us with kids got our husbands to take Monday off work, those of us with jobs took Monday off work ourselves, the mom with the biggest van drove around and picked us all up Sunday after lunch, we were like WHY DID WE NOT THINK TO MAKE A PLAYLIST, we drove in to Vancouver, to the Hyatt, and went straight to the rooftop hot tub.


It was so sunny! It has been raining for weeks, I have been so depressed, but all of a sudden it was bright and clear and we had a reservation at The Alibi Room to amble towards!


I had a ginger beer


and a fried chicken jalapeƱo burger.


THEN! We went to Flyover Canada which I HONESTLY THOUGHT was going to be lame, but they strap you into this roller-coaster-style bench and then you're out over this massive screen and soaring over Canada, and tipping when the camera tips and being misted in the face when you go over Niagara Falls and SCREAMING IN GENUINE TERROR the first time you shoot out over a cliff. It was so great.


In the morning, we lay around in our jams in our two adjoining rooms and gabbed, until it was time to wander (IN THE SUNSHINE) down to Cafe Medina.


Look at this fricassee I had! That egg is making a break for it. Friends I had spare ribs in my breakfast.


And then we called for a round of waffles, because they come with little dipping sauces in flavors like rosewater white chocolate pistachio (good) and salted caramel (great!) and creme de la fruit de passion (AMAZING).


Lookit mine waffles.


Then we rented bikes! And biked around the sea wall! In the sun!


Look at this weather though.


Havin a sit, havin a chat.


And then the girls very graciously let me skip out on them for half an hour, because I have a NEPHEW and he is my FIRST ONE OF THOSE and he is VERY NEW. He is also a sleepy little dude! Look at his teensy yawn!


So they let me run off to cuttle him and hug his parents, who also were very gracious and accommodating, and then came and got me so we wouldn't get caught in rush hour getting home, and then we came home!

It was a magical 30-ish hours, in which I did basically all the things I like doing.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Good for you for enjoying every moment of your time with girlfriends! I enjoyed reading-seeing every moment of your hours! :)

Kamsarmer said...

FUNFUNFUNFUN