Saturday, May 24, 2008

I just want to be left alone.

So, I was all set to come on here and tell you about my whirlwind weekend in which we drove into Vancouver! Twice! We live such exciting lives.

But then today, I'm out on the town running some errands, and I'm crossing the crosswalk and this guy hollers out his window, Hey! You're hot!

I keep walking.

He honks.

I keep walking.

He honks again.

I keep walking.

He hollers out his window, Hey! Don't be a stuck-up bitch!

Which puts me in mind of the time boo and I were walking through the *shudder* mall to pick up tomatoes or catch the bus or something else practical and uninteresting, and we hear (in the way that you 'hear' rain for four hours, and all of a sudden you look up and hey! It's raining!), Hey ladies.

Obviously, this guy is trolling for mall ass, in which case we obviously aren't his target, so we keep walking, and then closer and louder and less ignorable, Hey ladies!

We turn and there's this guy...what would you say, boo, early 30's? Anyways, he's all, What's going on, ladies? Boo says to him, cool as you please, Can we help you? Goodbye, suave Dr Jekyll with his hey-ladieses. HelLO Mr Hyde.

What the hell is your PROBlem, he says. I'm just trying to be FRIENDly. What, you think you're too GOOD for me? What the HELL!

Dear menfolk - you are trying to give us something we do not want. Do not get angry because we do not want it. There are hundreds of tiny teens in tight pants who are desperately seeking your...affirmation. They are not subtle. You should be able to spot them. They will give you giggles or blushes or whatever it is you're looking for. I'm not even sure what that is.

No comments: