Monday, May 21, 2007

Because I wasn't dissatisfied enough with my frozen burrito

Joel and I have been married for a month (check the ticker). We have spent the last few days spent in various homework-doing positions (in large leather chair, sprawled on bed, sprawled on floor, lumped up against wall with blanket), so I have really nothing to report.
Instead, I will tell you about this little Mexican restaurant that we went to on our honeymoon, as an excuse for posting some gratuitous, hunger-mongering pictures.
Our resort had a buffet-style everymeal eatery, as well as a snack bar, but it also had two 'restaurants' that you could book into. You had to make a 'reservation' the day before, but you probably didn't really because they didn't check or anything when you walked in. I think it was just a matter of people not knowing about it, because it was practically empty both times we ate there. The service was frighteningly prompt (they refilled your wine practically every time you took a sip) and the food was amazing!!
Here. Here is Joel's fish-and-shrimp kabobs.

I wish I'd gotten a better picture. Here is my steak. My tortilla chip is in the shape of a swan.

Because the resort was 'all inclusive,' the restaurant was free. You could conceivably, order seven entrees if you wanted. But who would? That would be gluttonous.

We did, however, each order a dessert. My crepes...

and Joel's ice-cream-in-a-wafer-dish...

and then we may or may not have each ordered a plate of churros.

We may or may not have also gone back the next night, ordered 2 appetizers, our entrees, and 3 plates of churros to finish the deal.

You may all go back to your bland lives now.

2 comments:

Robyn Bishop said...

mmmm churros...

Rebekah said...

mmmm cherrrios...