Thursday, February 14, 2013

I will be devastated when she stops letting me dress her.

It's been a while since we talked about Eleanor's wardrobe. We have this amazing consignment store called Sproutz, and I've had to restrict my visits. Usually I just peruse the 12-18 month rack, and then maybe take a peek at the 18-24 month rack, but the other day I bought her a dress that she won't need until she's THREE. It has a froufy pink crinoline, and poodles and Eiffel Towers and Arc de Triomphes repeating around the hem. In my defense, one of the poodles is drinking a cappuccino.

It's consignment, not thrift, so stuff isn't, like, 50 cents. But this sweet bashful-girl-t-shirt was, like three dollars.


Her skirt is, I don't even know what you'd call it, where it's an extra bit of fabric on top of the fabric of the shirt. It's darling, is what it is.

And then THIS shirt is actually a dress for a 3-month-old baby.


I KNOW. I mean, first of all, what was I doing even LOOKING at the 3-month-old baby racks (a lot of my friends are pregnant, alright?) and SECONDLY, how do I leave that behind? It's mad precious.

And then the other day I was looking online for cute tights and cute tights online can be up to $30, and I wouldn't spend $30 on tights for ME, but then I thought of Sproutz and lo, they have whole basketful, and Eleanor is now the proud owner of A Lot Of Tights.

Sproutz is also where I bought Eleanor's shoes, because she has tiny baby deer feet and nothing stays on them. Like, NOTHING. It's like trying to put shoes on a pair of stilts. And when I say 'nothing' I mean Robeez, which are in the realm of $30 because they are leather which is DUMB because she is a BABY. But which also means that they are excellent quality, and that second-hand Robeez are ship-shape (and strawberry-tipped).



Speaking of strawberries, I bought her a Strawberry Shortcake t-shirt at the BFM (which IS a thrift store which means it WAS 50 cents) and it is also a Shirt For A Tiny Baby. Eleanor likes it because it has eyes.


That animal-print cardigan, from her Gigi, won't fit her for MONTHS yet, but I love it too much not to wear it to pieces now.

No comments: