Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Things are looking up!

We might not die after all.


Eleanor is still really sick, and I have to keep reminding myself that she's not being sick AT me. She just feels horrible, and it makes her really grumpy, and Geneva is now sick and SHE is really grumpy and I AM SO GRUMPY and anyway there's a lot of exasperation happening up in here. 


Also a lot of Cinderella and some more Pingu and then this evening I bullied Eleanor into going to dance class because I HAD TO LEAVE THE HOUSE. She is frankly terrible about getting out the door on a good day, even though she's always delighted to be at school or gymnastics or whatever. It's the tearing herself away from her projects, putting on her coat, she hates the whole rigamarole. 


So I hauled them both to dance and IT WAS VISITOR'S DAY which is the day we get to come watch the class and also TRYING ON COSTUMES DAY and basically I died. 


We drove there but she wanted to WALK home because she was all jacked up and I was like Hello that is not how cars work. Then she demanded FOOD ENERGY by which she meant supper, and even though she only ate like half of it, it wasn't cashews and oranges, which is all she's been eating till now. 


And tea. Duh. Now we just have to get through tomorrow and Thursday early morning because did I mention MY MOM IS COMING. My mom is coming to save us from ourselves, and all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well. 


2 comments:

Kamsarmer said...

Yay for moms! And restorative broths and cashews and sparkly dance apparel. Feel better, all in the casa de citrus!

dlgowan said...

I'm glad to hear you're all feeling better and that reinforcements are on the way! And that you might not die after all. :)