Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The weather gods have smiled upon me.

The last few days I've been waking up around 6:00 with a *gasp!* my paper!  And then I get up and frantically peck away at the thing and rend my garments and gnash my teeth until it's time for bed.  It's the last one for the semester, and it is murdering me.

This morning Shannon and I were going to do our weekly burn up Mt Doug but when I woke (at 6) it was rainy and windy and full-dark (obviously).  I'd been counting on that hike/run to recharge my lethargic brains, but hike/running in the rain is miserable, and going up the mountain is (ever so slightly) dangerous in the wind.  Tree branches collapsing, etc.

I texted Shannon around 8 all, Are we doing this thing?  And she's like...Yes?  Because while I'd been pecking away the skies had cleared and the sun come out and it was 8 degrees and perfectly still.  A branch cracked over us while we were hiking, and we screeched and ran a few steps, but nothing untoward happened.

As soon as I got home, brains a-cranking and skins not horribly chilled, it started to rain again.  Torrentially. 

No comments: