Thursday, March 29, 2012

The best-laid etc.

When Robyn and I were roommates in college, in between our fort-building

and towel-swaddling

and prowler-scaring

we'd talk about our future children, and how we would have SONS and wouldn't that be AWESOME, our passels of sons, and I would have children FIRST and then Robyn would have children LATER and eventually we would marry them off (although since we were both having SONS they'd have to gay-marry).

Today Robyn and her big-girl daughter came to visit me and my pint-sized daughter and we are both like YES, DAUGHTERS FOR ALL and can't even fathom what we'd do with sons.
certainly not all stick our fists in our mouths, like hams. except for Eleanor, who is busy being a buddha.

I tried to get a picture of the two girls together, but sitting up isn't Eleanor's forte right now.
whoops!

heeee, damn!

And the one time Eleanor stayed upright, Meredith made a break for it.


And we're moving in a few months, so our daughters won't grow up to be best besties. At least, not right now. Maybe in college.

2 comments:

Jenners said...

I don't know who is cuter … you and your college pal or your baby girls! (Love those matching outfits!)

smallbyrd said...

I love love love love love our daughters SO MUCH.