Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh, hullo friends.

It has recently been brought to my attention by two separate persons that I have not blogged in a while. Eleanor had a cold and then a fever and THEN a rash, and sometimes I am adaptable and capable and sometimes I am like, THE BABY HAS SPECKLES I CANNOT DO THE DISHES.

You give the medicine like this.

But she's fine now, and my dishes are done, and now I am out at a coffee shop, eating tarts and reading YA novels about monster-hunters and OK FINE, spying remotely on Eleanor via space technology. She is still napping.


We went to the zoo yesterday, but those photos are still in my phone, so you will have to wait until tomorrow or check my instagram feed for photos of Eleanor the Baby Kangaroo.

In the meantime, on this my baby's nine-month-birthday, let us capture some of her delightful habits in e-print, so that when she stops chuffing like a horse I can look back and remember how, when she caught sight of a toy she really liked, she would chuff like a horse.


Or how she likes to get a hoodie string in each hand and then rev them, like a motorcycle.

Or how she wakes up at, like, 4 am these days, and I can hear her down the hall all CHA CHA CHA BZZZZZZT WUHWUHWUHWUH MRRRRRRW and then she goes back to sleep for a few hours.


Or how she is the HAMMIEST ham at library story time. Or how Morgan and I sit her and Jess across from each other at the gym so that they can screech at each other and share toys, and Eleanor looks at Jess all baffled like, That mirror-baby has hair. Or how she croons at the actual mirror-baby with a sweetness formerly reserved for toast.


Did I mention that she has six teeth now? They make her look so ferocious.

Being ferocious also makes her look ferocious.

And she's still not crawling, thank goodness, but sometimes if you prop her up on all fours, she stays that way for a bit.

Also, holy crap, nine months. She has now been on the outside for as long as she was on the inside, and it has not been terrible.


2 comments:

Vasilly said...

Happy ninth-month birthday, Eleanor!

Wendy R said...

I was excited to see another post! I am always eagerly waiting for them. She is ridiculously adorable AND hilarious!