Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I have to do this...

...because Jane said so.


Wrapping paper or gift bag?

Totally gift bag. The 20-second present-wrap. And then the person keeps the bag, and next Christmas your gift comes in it. Good for the environment.


Real tree or artificial?

For those of you who don't read Jane's blog, I'd just like to quote her answer here: 'Real. Just like my boobs.'

This is not a statement on the veracity of my girls, but artificial. We had the same awesome fake tree until about five years ago, and now we (my parents) have an awesomer fake tree. Joel and I have this darling little Walmart special...

...also fake. And tiny.

When do you put up your tree?

We always did it on Thanksgiving, back when Thanksgiving was in late November (read: when we were American). My knee-high guy went up yesterday.

When do you take down your tree?

Never did. That was Mom's job. I guess I'm the woman of the house now, though, and it'll be my responsibility to de-ball the tree and fold it gently back into its box, like a prickly, synthetic child.

Do you like eggnog?

Only if that eggnog is accompanied by Robyn, and rum. Robyn? You, me, rumnogs?

Favorite gift as a child?

This Fisher Price little kitchen with fake food (I got two of the same fake-food set in the same Christmas, so I had, like, eight slices of fake bread to put in my fake toaster).

Do you have a nativity scene?

Not yet. I figure if I add one new element each Christmas, I wont feel like I'm spending arms and legs on decorations.

Hardest person to buy for?

My dad. We've bought him every trinket out of the Mini Cooper store. What now?

Easiest person to buy for?

My sister. I'd link to the thing I want to buy for her this year, except that she reads this blog. Remind me to tell you later.

Worst Christmas gift you've ever received?

Alarm clock. Enough said.

Mail or email Christmas cards?

Definitely mail. Not that I will. Just that I would prefer to have cards mailed to me.

Favorite Christmas movie?

The Grinch. The cartoon one.

When do you start shopping for Christmas gifts?

When I finish my last final.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift?

Something I got from a Red Robin gift exchange is making it into the white elephant exchange this year. No real gifts, though.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Baking. LOTS of baking.

White or colored lights?

This question is so racist.

Favorite Christmas song?

Oh Holy Night. Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall on your kneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees and heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear the angel vooooooooooooooooooooices, oh NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiight deviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. What's not to love?

Travel for Christmas or stay at home?

I would dearly love to spend at least one day at home, in my pajamas. Please let that happen.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?

I like that 'reindeers' is pluralized with an 's.' And yes I can name them all, because I have the internets.

Angel or star at the top of the tree?

My mom has a little crow atop hers. I love him. Mine has a star.

Open presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Hmmm. What with this whole married thing, all our traditions are turning on their heads. We always did Christmas morning...get up, have a coffee and a muffin, sit around the tree and watch each person open their gifts, one at a time. Now...I guess we'll see.

Most annoying thing about this time of year?

That everyone can't adjust their schedules to suit me. Because it's all about me, right?

What I love most about Christmas...

How, beforehand you think you're so busy, and then all the preparations are done and it's just a lot of sitting around and visiting and eating and visiting some more and napping on the couch because you have nothing pressing to do.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am so smiling at your answer re: fav Christmas song ...

Nater said...

"Hey, my voice just changed. O-oh night, when Christ was born!" - Homer

Anonymous said...

For anyone looking to purchase fake artificial food items for Christmas here's a good place to start. www.zimmermanmarketplace.com