Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Lighting of the Tree, or Two of Us Are Useless

Last weekend I went to my parents' place in Burnaby. My sister's boyfriend Darren came over to help us set up the tree and then watch back-to-back episodes of What Not to Wear. We like him.


Part of what we like about Darren is that when I say 'help us set up,' I mean 'help my mom set up so that my sister and I can run around like idiots.'


Observe.

Darren working. Bekah not working.

Darren still working. Me not working.


Darren pausing to show off his work. Bekah continuing to not work.

Darren subtly working. Me overtly not working.


Mom joining in because she realizes that only one of the three is working. Bekah not working.


Mom noticing Bekah not working. We call that the 'hairy eyeball,' folks.

Me supervising while mom works.

Darren working. Bekah not doing a single thing to validate her presence in this picture, but needing to be in it anyways.Me also in a picture that I have no business being in. Darren continues to work.

And the moral of the story is...tall = usefull. Also, I like gingersnaps.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Ugh...i don't think my last comment went in (and saying that, it'll show up after this comment I make)
I laughed heartily at this post and Felicia asked Leigh-ann, "Is she laughing to herself?"
Laughing is an understatement. I was absolutely ROLLing