Thursday, March 03, 2011

Have I indeed shot the sherrif?

Fashion question for you, my little peas and carrots.  How do we feel about superfluous belts?


I have come tardily to the Belt Train but I have come with vigor (and belts).  I love the shit out of the belt-at-natural-waist but regard it as not entirely superfluous since it serves the dual purpose of breaking up a shirt and of saying see how skinny I am right here.  Comme ça.


But the hip-belt-that-is-not-through-my-belt-loops literally does nothing outside of  making me feel like a gunslinger.

*pow pow*

I like it, me.  I have a fondness for gunslingers.  But I religiously matched my slouch socks to my oversized t-shirt for all of 7th grade, so my fashion choices haven't always been winners.

What think ye?  Viable alternative to being pinched at the waist (where I least like to be pinched)?  Or too gunslingery (is there such a thing? *pow*)?

9 comments:

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

As Mitch Hedberg said when asked how he felt about frilly toothpicks, "I'm for 'em!"

Anonymous said...

Gunslinger. A hip gunslinger, but a gunslinger.

But then, I've made fashion choices far worse than the slouch socks, so what do I know...

Mum said...

I think the beltslinger looks great on you both ways. Not all of us can say that!

Ky said...

You definitely have to have the right frame to pull off the hip-belt look, and you're totally pulling it off. Embrace the look.

leahandmichael said...

the gunslinger will def show off your fantastic booty but i know what you mean about the waist pinch. skinny belts are better for the waist, in my opinion. less pinch.

speaking of pinching...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkAvO9v2Nk

Anna said...

I think it looks great on you either way, but have only one issue with the gunslinger look - is there any risk of it sliding down or is the belt that elusive perfect size to look loose but stay in place? I am always afraid with that look that my belt will slip and I will end up mid-stride like I have my pants around my ankles while searching for some more toilet paper.

blackbird said...

The belt is fine but the top is NG for the gunslinger look.

alice c said...

I wear a belt at my waist to prove that I have a waist. You have nothing to prove so you can wear a belt on your hips or whereever else takes your fancy.

blackbird said...

Alice says things like *whatever else takes your fancy* because she's English. And fancy.