Thursday, March 24, 2011

I flossed yesterday, like that's going to do any good.

We are not dentist-goers, my family.  We avoid the dentist with vigor and guile.  But my UVic dental coverage (such as it is) runs out at the end of April, so I'm going for a check-up and power-wash clean today.

The dental history form is embarassing.  When was your last check-up?  Prior to 2007, but more specifically than that I can't say.  How often do you floss?  Never.  Does food get stuck between the gaps in your teeth?  All the damn time.

I have been dreading this for days.

3 comments:

Ky said...

Dude, I hear you. When I went to the dentist before my coverage had run out during my MA program, it had been 11 years since I'd last been to the dentist. No joke.

blackbird said...

I'm pleased you've confessed to this.
I just had a tooth repaired and was still too chicken to go for the cleaning.
It hurts!
(And it makes a terrible noise.)

Tikabelle said...

I went to the dentist this summer for the first time since I got my wisdom teeth out in 1999.

Dentist Avoiders of the World, unite!