Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I don't want to like it but, so help me, I do.

In the hour or so of the day that I spend specifically not doing homework (I mean, I spend more than that in a day eating or sleeping.  I mean the time where I should be doing homework and am not, or think I'm doing homework and am not, or sat down to do homework and am not.  Savvy?) I was alerted by Katie the Interrobanger to Ke$ha's new video, which I find unsettlingly entertaining.

The song itself lacks Ke$ha's usual earworminess but the video kicks off with the girl explaining to two people with unicorn heads how she was elected to congress (So I said, Bear?  You have zero seconds to put on some pants and apologize to the president.) and then she eats some Meunster and dances with James van der Beek, who is the subject of my favorite emotimage

emoticons are insufficient for my online emotion-expressing needs

and then they shoot at each other with rainbow-guns.  THERE ARE PUNS!  It is silly but it is delightfully silly and I dig it.  You have won this round, dollar-sign.

4 comments:

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

Now I see Dawson's hip gyrations whenever I close my eyes.

Slander-beeking!

Tikabelle said...

Um... I don't even... wow. I am appalled and amazed all at once. Dang.

Rebekah Joy Plett said...

I skipped through most of it because it was like listening to a raid siren. I think it's a cross between Brittney Spears before she went chicken-pecking mad and Lady GaGa before SHE went egg-born-again crazy. Also, the only part I SAW that I found funny was when whatshisname pulled the bra out of his top. Then again, like I said, I skipped through the majority.

The better half of my brain says all these things should be destroyed and I kind of agree with it.

leahandmichael said...

hahahaa!! havent watched the video yet, but the pic of dawson totally made my morning!